Monday 10 September 2012

Gold and Skinny Jeans

Like everything else in design, metal finishes go in and out of style.  Back in the 90's bright yellow gold fixtures, knobs and furnishing were all the rage {along with that gorgeous golden oak ;)}.



 Well I'm happy to tell you, if you haven't already heard, that gold is back!  Some people will cringe at that thought.  Probably the same reaction I had when I heard skinny jeans were coming back.  I remember picturing the "mom jeans". The ones with tapered legs, light wash and super high waists.  I also remember telling my mom I would not be following that trend.  She laughed at me and said, "Yes, you will!  Everything old comes back just a little different and everyone learns to love it."  And she was right.  I wear my skinnies regularily.  And I know the same will be true of gold finishes.  When most people hear gold they picture the kitchen above.  However, that might change when they see the 'new' gold!

 
 
 
 





I love this grey and white kitchen from House and Home!  The mix of stainless steal with gold pulls and chandeliers feels totally current!  The gold and wood shelves really warm up the room and add interest.  Done a little different than the first kitchen, hey? ;)

 
I'd have no problem putting this Kohler beauty in my bathroom!
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Source: houzz.com via Kirsten on Pinterest

This simple tripod lamp would look great with modern or traditional decor.
 
 


Source: houzz.com via Kirsten on Pinterest

And these warm hued starburst mirrors have been used everywhere from above the mantle to above the headboard. 
 
A little different than the gold of the 90's.   I'm sure someday we'll cringe at the thought of gold again.  But in the meantime, I'd be happy to have any of these in my house!


No comments:

Post a Comment